September 12-13, 2014 | Dallas, TX
- Friday, September 12
- Saturday, September 13
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Breakfast, Welcome Remarks & Program Overview
9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
The State of Our Nation’s Infrastructure
Session Chair: Hon. Alex Padilla, California State Senator; Chair, Energy, Utilities, and Communications Committee; NALEO President
• Mr. Charles V. “Casey” Dinges IV, Senior Managing Director, Public Affairs, Membership and Marketing, American Society of Civil Engineers
10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Building for the Future: A Look at Best Practices
Session Chair: Hon. Annette Quijano, New Jersey State Assemblymember; Chair, Homeland Security and State Preparedness Committee
• Mr. Robert Kolasky, Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Mr. D. Wayne Klotz, President, Klotz Association; Board Member, Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure
• Mr. Gary C. Thomas, President/Executive Director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
An Update on the Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
1:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Transportation Infrastructure (Roads, Highways, Bridges)
Session Chair: Hon. Armando Martinez, Texas State Representative; Vice Chair, Transportation Committee
• Dr. Tim Lomax, Senior Research Engineer and Regents Fellow, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University System
• Mr. Jim Reed, Group Director. Environment, Energy &. Transportation, National Conference of State Legislatures
• Mr. Michael Morris, Director of Transportation, North Central Texas Council of Governments
Session Chair: Hon. David Alvarez, Councilmember, City of San Diego, California
• Mr. William F. Hederman, Jr., Deputy Director for Systems Integration and Senior Advisor to the Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy
Adjourn for the Day
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Opening Reception Patron
Opening Reception Supporters