The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund respects the privacy of its members, guests, and users and recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide to us over the Internet. We are committed to the privacy of our visitors. We collect no personal information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide that information. We do not use personal information other than to process your request(s) that require you to submit personal information. We do not make any visitor-provided information available to third parties.
NALEO Educational Fund takes great care to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Our server is located in a locked and secure environment. We use certain common tools and techniques in an effort to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. We also work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission via the site (i.e., when you make a gift, register for an event, or join our email list) by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Access to your information is granted only to you and authorized staff.
If you want to contact us to unsubscribe from mailing lists at any time, or opt out, review, update and/or correct your information, you can do so quickly and easily by emailing us at [email protected]. For legal and accounting purposes, contribution records will remain in our database.
Please be aware that when you are on our website, you may be directed to other websites and/or online materials through links that take you outside NALEO Educational Fund’s service and control. For example, you may encounter links from sponsors, partners, and media outlets which may include NALEO Educational Fund’s logo as part of a branding agreement. If you “click” on the link to such a third party, the “click” takes you off our website. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data, solicit personal identifiable information and/or have their own privacy policies.
Note: All above Privacy Policies are also adhered to by our sister organization the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO).
Mobile Terms & Conditions
- There is no fee imposed by NALEO Educational Fund to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply — this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number; your carrier’s name; and the date, time, and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
- By subscribing to NALEO Educational Fund mobile alerts, the user consents to receive automated text alerts to promote Latino participation in the American political process. “Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply.”
- If you have any questions, text HELP to the number you received a text message from or contact us at 1-888-839-8682. To stop receiving messages, reply STOP.